Monday, April 18

Weekend Update

Wow. Another blessed weekend. Here's a quick run-down.

Friday afterwork Cody Maher, Jake Gerst, and I went to the driving range for a while. After that Cody and I went to my brother Benj's and worked on my motorcycle. It's a little 70cc from when I was 14 or so. It's an old Honda. My brother and I have been fixing it up so his kids can ride it. It's a lot of fun. I love working on it. After I got done putting a new clutch cable on it, Cody and I went to Pizza Hut for supper and then drove to Starbucks in Peoria.
Saturday morning I volunteered at a benifit auction for the Goodfield Library until noon. Then after lunch I went back to Benj's and we worked on the bike together. That evening I had supper at Pizza Hut, again. :) This time with a group of people including Anna Esslinger who had come over from Taylor that morning to spend time with her cousin in Peoria and come to testimonies that evening in Roanoke. After we were done eating we went to testimonies. They were a definite blessing. After testimonies we went to a singing at Susan & Bethany Lemans. Sunday morning it was church in Roanoke followed by baptisms. Sunday afternoon was spent at the park playing guitar, hanging out, and playing some basketball. We grilled out at Ty Sauders before a singing at Bill Hodels (that's Erin and Nates grandpa). After the singing a few of us went out to Kaitlyn's and sat on her roof...watched the stars...talked...and sang a few songs with the guitar. It was a blessing. I feel so blessed to have such supportive Christian friends. We had marvelous weather all weekend too. Life is a blessing.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Wow. I feel like I just read an exerpt from Chris's blog. ...was there a period in that entire post??