Wednesday, April 6

Do you wonder?

Do You Ever Wonder?
I wonder.

I wonder how long God will be patient with me.
I wonder how God can forgive so much.
I wonder why I don' t learn.
I wonder why people don't see me
for who I really am.
I wonder how much could be accomplished
if we all strove for holiness.
I wonder at God for simultaneously expecting perfection
and knowing I'll never reach it.
I wonder at God for loving me anyway
when I don't deserve it.
I wonder who God will touch today
through this sinner.
I wonder why more people don't see
the living truth.
I wonder how satan can be so deceptive
that the majority of people choose
a self destructive hell
over a life of joy and peace and love and fulfillment.
I wonder how God can forgive so much.
I wonder how God can forgive so much.
How?
I wonder why I usually struggle to put God first.
I wonder why God isn't my only motive for living.
I wonder why God.
I wonder why...
I wonder...
I...

Maybe that's why.
Maybe it's because of that word.
That "I" word...
How God?
How do I get rid of that word in my life?
I do what I do, because I want what I want. I want what I want because of what I worship.

If I only worship the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, I would only want those things that corresponded, and I wouldn't grieve my Father with my actions and words.

Is there hope? Will I learn? Can I change?
Those questions don't have solid answers.
There's that "I" word again...lets try that over.
Is there hope? Will You teach me? Can You change me?
Those questions have very solid answers.
To each one Christ gently, lovingly answers "Yes my child. There is hope. There can be change. Can you trust Me?"

No comments: