Wednesday, June 15

Heat Pumps

I love being an engineer. :) This morning two co-workers and I talked about geothermal heat-pumps for a half hour. One of the mechanical designers is trying to design a system, and he can't find any hard data out there on how they save money. That conversation morphed into a discussion on the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)system. That got us onto the topic of green roofs. Then we moved on to electricity and Edison. Ahhh...the joys of engineering.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm heading to Jr. High Boys camp. Chris will be there too. This will be the first time I've ever been involved with it. I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard nothing but good things. If you think of it, say a prayer for our weekend. May God be Glorified!

10 comments:

Julie said...

And I thought we had interesting conversations in the government...

God bless at boys' camp

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm glad you love being an Engineer. I would have to say, I love NOT being an Engineer. I love being a secretary cause the people call and get upset with me if their parts aren't done yet, or they wont talk to me because I'm a girl, I get to pay taxes. Hmmm... ok, yeah doesn't sound the best either. ;)

Anyway, have a great time at Jr. High Boys camp. I'll be praying for you and the others involved. And I'll be praying for the kids who are going.

Ash

Luke said...

well...diesels are more efficient than their gasoline counter parts...and stuff.

Julie said...

well...... they have less CO2 emissions anyway....

Julie said...

nevermind ;)

Anonymous said...

smog is our friend!

megs said...

i would have to agree w/ whoever said how much they enjoy NOT being an engineer. as for green roofs, LEED, and electricity, i think i would have more fun talking about a pink and purple polk-a-dotted platapus eating a baby carrot on the fourth of july. or i could just go get some sleep, which i what i really SHOULD do. my prayers go w/ you to boys camp. like T i SOO wanted to be there, but latty sounded a little better (and to my father as well) ;) speaking of fathers, i hope yours is on a quick road to recovery, he and all of your family (as well as yourself)are in my prayers. God bless!!
meg

Anonymous said...

Having only recently arived in "blogland" (and therefore no previous comments from me), I would just like to say that engineers are wierd. :) And that the green roofs thing reminds me of this old story about a man and his wife who switch jobs for a day.... and he lets the cow graze on the roof. which is tethered to the man, with a rope down through the fireplace so she (the cow) won't fall off. you can see where this is going.... :)

Jenny

Luke said...

Wow Jenny, your first comment and you're calling me wierd..sheesh. But hey, what can I say. Engineers are definitely a little different..but "wierd" has such a negative connotation. I mean, come on, what are you going to school for? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I will admit that chemistry is an extremely geeky and nerdy major...which is way more negative than wierd...but I like it. :)
Jenny