Wednesday, June 8

Prayers Requested Please.

I just got off the phone with my mom. My dad is in the emergency room with a broken elbow, a broken pinky, and possible fracture in his hip after falling off a roof he was helping to tar-paper today. A roll of the tar paper began falling off the roof, and dad tried to catch it. He landed on concrete, so that explains the broken bones. I know my family would sincerely appreciate your prayers. My father is 62, and he's been in several physical accidents in the recent past. Not only does his body have a more and more difficult time recuperating, but his spirit does too. Please pray that he would feel the presence of God in his heart stronger than ever.

I will be in Macomb, IL on business tomorrow so I won't be posting, but I would really appreciate comments on this blog letting me know you said a prayer when you read this.

I've said before how much I appreciate everyone who reads this and leaves comments. Please help me out now in this time of struggle. Also, feel free to email this request to our mutual friends.

God Bless

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your dad, your family, and you.

Keep us updated.

Ash and Seth

Anon said...

I will definitely be praying for your family, Luke. Especially for your parents and for you.
I'll share this with the rest of my family, and they'll be praying too.

Anonymous said...

Luke,

I am praying for your Dad. You and your family are also in my prayers.

Broken bones are no fun at all...and i've seen pretty much everything since i work in radiology. Hopefully it isn't too bad! I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Brandon

megs said...

Luke, if there's one thing i love to do is pray for my brother's and sisters! Father God, please be w/ luke's dad as he as just had a bad fall. be w/ the doctors and nurses when/if they perform surgery. help them to be knowledgable in all the tasks they perform. help Luke's dad to remain in good spirits after all this is through. also, be w/ all of luke's family and close friends. help them to all know that this only happened b/c it was GOd's will. help then all to keep him in good spirits during , what i pray is, a speedy recovery. help all of them to continually put their trust in you during this situation, and EVERYTHING that they go through, dear Father. in JESUS name, AMEN

i hope all goes well w/ that situation and your trip to macomb!

Anonymous said...

Prayin.

Anonymous said...

Luke,
You and your family are in my prayers!!

~Steff

dixie said...

Luke - I am so sorry and how scary. I will be praying for your family. My dad was laid up all last summer after knee surgery and it is an adjustment that needs prayers, so I pray for a healthy recovery and for your mothers part in knowing how to help and what to do for him.

Julie said...

My parents are in their sixties too, and I know how scary it is facing the mortality of your own parents. I will most definitely be praying for your family.

God Bless.

Chris said...

I have a ton of respect for your dad and your family and I think a lot of them. I have faith that everything will work out (Romans 8:28) not because I know your dad, but because I know our Heavenly Father.

Prayin.

Anonymous said...

Luke-
You and your family are in my prayers. Keep us updated.
God Bless-
Tasha

Tifani said...

I'm a couple days behind...but your dad will be in my family and I's thoughts and prayers! God give each of you strength through this all!