Monday, October 17

Monday Business

Ok, first off, the weekend was great. U of I in Champaign hosted College Weekend Fall '05. The topic was "Relationships". Wow. That pretty much sums it up. The topics of the 5 speakers were as follows:Relationship With Christ
Relationships With Your Family
Relationships With Fellow Christians
Relationships With the Opposite Gender
Relationships With the Unsaved
I, unfortunately, didn't get to hear the last one, but the rest of them were wonderful, applicable, and Biblical bible studies. The one that hit me the hardest was "Relationships With the Opposite Gender". I'm going to go through our handout on that and make a post in the future...I might just scan in the handout and let you read/study it for yourself. It gave some really applicable guidelines to think about when relating with the other gender.(Stephanie, Katie, Steve: It was right along the lines of our discussion of that a few weeks ago!)

Underlining the whole day, however, was the first topic. If you're not working on that first one yet, the rest of them can not be where they should be.

After we left U of I we went to a cookout at Jeff Weigands and played volleyball and had a singing around a campfire. I kept 5 guys at my place Sat. night. 4 of us stayed up until 4:00 talking about relationships and marriage. Yeah, that's WAY to late. We were dragging the next morning, but it was worth it. Good bonding times for sure.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Luke:

Glad you had a great weekend! It's so nice to be able to sit back and just be discipled for a change (for those of us who are extremely active in ministry- I'm thinking you fall into that same category?)... and late night conversations: way fun.

Hope you're recovered, and God Bless! ;)

~Stephanie

taryn said...

Wasn't CW amazing?

Was that your first time hearing Ted Witzig, Jr.? He has done "girl talks" before for different young groups similiar to the talk he had on Saturday, but the reminders never get old! He really knows how to tell it where it's at, and I appreciate his blunt honesty on some of the topics he discusses.

Anyway, I don't want to belittle the other speakers and the weekend as a whole, because we had some wonderful messages! Thanks for the recap, Luke!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the handout since I was not able to make it to CW.

steve said...

Sweet. I cant wait to see the handout or hear more about it. Hope all is well