Monday, October 24

A New Spiritual Morning

Every morning is a new spiritual morning. Every morning we have the opportunity to live this day for Christ. Every morning we have the opportunity to renew our dedication to our Savior. Every morning is full of new opportunities in Christ!

So, how did you look at this morning?




Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.


Notice David doesn't pose it as a question. It's not "will we rejoice...?" It's a statement of "we will rejoice and be glad in it." He assumes that, if you're on the same side as the Creator of the universe, you wouldn't want to do anything but be rejoice and be glad!

When I started writing this post this morning I didn't know what I was going to write. I needed this message myself. I'm thankful that the Word of God has the power and authority to change my attitude. If you're struggling with an attitude or a motive you'd like to change, bring the Word of God to bear upon it. Do you believe it has the authority to change your behavior?

The sun has risen on a new day in your life. Are you going to spend today focused on "you" or focused on The Creator? Don't get me wrong. I know sometimes circumstances in our lives seem weighty, but the Lords been teaching me a lot about perspective lately. Let us remember that, if we know Jesus personally, we are children of the KING!! We serve a God that is omniscient! Let us trust Him implicitly with the outcomes of our decisions.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Luke: How funny that you should bring up this particular verse this morning! Yesterday in church we (the choir) sang "Be Glad" by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, which goes (something) like this:

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it... Mercy was great and grace was free. Pardon was multiplied to me. In Him my soul found liberty... Be glad in what he's done. Be glad in the victries won. Be glad in God's own son.. Let us rejoice and be glad!

I couldn't find the exact lyrics, but you get the idea. How blessed our we to have been given such a precious gift? And we should rejoice and be glad in it everyday! Thanks for reminding me of this Luke. :)

taryn said...

GREAT reminder! It reminds me of the importance that we should start every day with God if we want to have a focused mind and heart.

That may be a no-brainer, but do I actually DO that? By talking with God first thing, we are associating with our Source of JOY... and oh, how much better the day goes when we give it to Him.

Thanks for sharing! I can always use the encouragement (reason #1 that explains why we both love blogging :-)

T

Anon said...

Thanks for the post. It's good timing.
I know that when I get stressed I do a lousy job of remembering my Joy and taking time with the Source of it.

One of my new favorite verses is Psalm 126:3, The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.