Monday, October 3

Apple River

So up until Friday night I thought I was either going to go to Bluffton for a wedding or to Gridley for a singing/recording thingy. Turns out I went to Apple River with the Washington Y.G. I'm glad I did. While I would've loved to gone to either one of the other two activities, I'm glad I was able to spend time with my home church's youth group. There's something special about strengthening bonds with the people that go to the church I now call "home". See, I've never really had a "home" young group before. I gave my heart to Christ when I was at Kansas State. I was very blessed to be a part of that Y.G. while I was there, but school was not a "home church".

God truly has given us a blessing in our churches. Our fellowship together is such a wonderful tool against the prince of darkness.

Here are a few pictures of our weekend.
O Lord my God, when I, in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds thy hands have made. I see the stars, and I hear the rolling thunder; Thy power throughout the undiverse displayed. Then sings my soul my saviour God to thee...How Great Thou Art, How Great Thou Art

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

BEAUTIFUL pics, Luke! I'm glad you had such a great time! I'll have to wait awhile to post mine, but in the meantime, I can just swing by and remind myself of what I saw of God's amazing creation this weekend through your experience!

God Bless You!

taryn said...

Yeah, beautiful pictures!

Looks like it was fun.

T

Kristi said...

Aww...it's so pretty there. And those are really good pictures. Maybe you should join Two Peas in a Palette and be our photographer. :) haha.

Jenny said...

The pictures on top of the rock are the best! I wish I wasn't such a chicken about heights.

And we're glad that you made Washington home! You add a lot to our yg. :)

Luke said...

Jenny: Even if you weren't such a "chicken" about heights...you'd still have the whole skirt issue...

I'm glad I made Washington my home too.

yhjzxoal

Anonymous said...

so this is my comment- just for you lukie... first of all, it someone posts pictures of their trip before the rest of the college world wakes up, he has no life and way too much time on his hands. seriously. secondly, i have yet to meet someone like you who spends all their time on blogs... another sign on a no lifer. lukie, what can I say, you have no life. peace out.

apbnjvv

Luke said...

Hey Gab:

Thanks for commenting. You have such a nice way of putting things.

First of all: I'm not in college, so that pretty much negates the first sentence.

Second of all: Well...I have no second of all...except that I do not spend all my time on blogs...I mean where do you think I get the pictures? :)

However, even though your two reasons for saying I have no life where incorrect, the statement that I have no life is correct. I am a pathetic loser and I'm sorry that you have been unfortunate enough to know me.

Me said...

Pretty sweet Luke, gotta admit I am jealous.

taryn said...

Gab- I love you!

Except I'm kind of hurt you didn't comment on my blog.

But if all you're going to tell me is that I have no life, then maybe I don't want you to comment.

I love the new coined name for Luke... "Lukie."

T

Luke said...

Beeg:

That is Matt Gerber. And what a wonderful Matt Gerber he is. I really appreciate that guy. He's got some great insites and is so easy to talk to.