Thursday, February 10

Humor?

I like humor that makes me smile. Readers Digest humor does that, so I thought I'd share some jokes from off of their website.

I dialed a wrong number and got the following recording: "I am not available right now, but I thank you for caring enough to call. I am making some changes in my life. Please leave a message after the beep. If I do not return your call, you are one of the changes."

The telephone solicitor selling basement waterproofing must have thought she'd died and gone to heaven when she got my very patient son on the phone. At the end of her long sales pitch, she asked, "Do you mind if we send someone out to give you an estimate?" "Not at all," my son said. "When would be a good time?" "As soon as I dig a basement," he replied.

This is one smart plumber!

Driving on the interstate, I saw a vehicle with the license plate ALT F7. I checked my computer at home, and as I suspected, it was a WordPerfect command. The truck had to belong to a plumber. Who else would choose the command "Flush Right"?


Do you still find humor in life? Can you laugh with your friends or with your spouse? Do you laugh as much as you did 5 years ago? Do you laugh at the same things?

I definitely don't laugh at the same things I did 5 years ago. I was unconverted 5 years go. There are things I used to laugh at that now make my heartache when I see/hear them. It's interesting what makes us laugh. The things we laugh at are very good indicators of what our heart condition is like. Sometimes I'm ashamed at the things I find funny. I might not laugh out loud or even show that I think it's funny. But I can feel it. Don't fix a symptom. Fix the problem. For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh (Matthew 12:34, Luke 6:45). Don't just keep the mouth from speaking (although that's a step). Ask Christ to help you fix your heart!

No comments: