Monday, February 14

Yep, it's Monday

So, if you read my previous blog, you'll see I was a very tired kiddo on Sunday night. Well, I went to bed at 7:00. That's right 7:00pm. Actually I fell asleep at 6:30 on top of my bed, and woke up at 7:00 to get ready for bed. I woke up at 5:20 this morning wide awake and laid in bed enjoying being lazy until 6:15am. So, after all that sleep you'd think I'd be in this incredibly chipper mood today. Not so. It was drizzly this morning, and it's been cloudy all day. The rain from yesterday and last night has managed to turn our driveway into a mudpit. And that's not an exageration. Our driveway has mud about 8" deep. there isn't a single rock to be found the entire length of drive. So, even though every single back road in IL is paved, my car looks like I went 4 wheeling.

Tonight is bound to be interesting. I'm picking up 5 large pizza's before going home to a gaggle of kids. Yes, I said gaggle. I know that's usually assigned to geese, but I feel as though it's a very accurate descriptor in this case. We're having all the grandkids over for supper tonight, except the youngest. That means 18 kids from 4-17 years old will be at the house. It should prove to be an interesting evening. If I don't post for a few days, it's because I'm recovering.

Last Saturday night we had a singing at Wayne Leman's (Roanoke minister) house. After we were done singing we sat in a circle and "introduced" ourselves, and some of us shared something spiritual in our lives. It ended up starting a wonderful conversation. It took a little while to get going, but some people really opened up their heart. I'm really thankful that Wayne suggested it. After we kind'a split up into smaller groups and got some snacks and stuff, the quote of the night went to, surprise, surprise, Toffee! "Kirby, you were born with a foot shaped mouth!" Amy Hohulin thinks that was the best quote too. www.livejournal.com/users/hohuligan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost 11 hours of sleep huh?? Maybe I should try that one of these days.... :)

Ash

Anonymous said...

http://www.christiansingles.com/

Anonymous said...

wow luke that's a lot of grand kids. Bout time for you to start contributing to that bunch huh.

Luke said...

well anonymous, ya see, it takes two. And I have yet to find a sucker..er..I mean..uh..wife. I have yet to find a wife.