Tuesday, February 15

The Morning After

Well, I survived. 18 kids ranging in age from 4-17 were at my house for 3 1/2 hrs last night. The house was still vibrating 2 hrs after they left. :) No, actually they were a lot of fun. Mom had me pick up pizza for supper. We all ate downstairs. Mom had little gift bags for all the kids with a memory verse written on them. Then after supper all the kids had to tell a story about the most scary thing they could remember happening to them. Mom had 10 questions to ask everyone, but we barely got through two of them. It was cute listening to the different stories and the different level of story telling ability. Some of the younger ones wouldn't even talk, and some of the older ones got extremely into their stories. A lot of them had more than one story, and you could hardly shut them off to get to the next one! :) There were stories of car accidents, being scared by siblings, scary parts of movies, and being scared of noises in the dark. The second question was "What did you learn in Sunday School this past Sunday?" For the people reading this: Can you remember what the sermon was on? :)

Shari gave me a valentine too!! It's such a beautiful picture of her. :) It's a silver frame with a valentines border, and Shari is making a really goofy face in the picture. I'll cherish it forever. Shari also got my mom and dad a rose inside a balloon. It was pretty neat. The balloon was heart shaped. You could see inside it, and there was a rose in full bloom inside the balloon.

Leave me comments on what you did for Valentines day. Did you show someone you cared? Did someone show you? http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/valentine/?Page=history

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...what did I do for Valentines day? Got together with a group of girls to watch a sappy chick flick... :) But yeah, I did send a couple e-cards to friends and I got roses from mom and dad. So, it was a good Valentine's Day. :)

Ash

Brooke said...

I went cliff jumping and drove a hummer.

Ashley said...

Ok, just to set the record straight, Joe's comment was a blatant lie.