Tuesday, May 31

Adventures in Getting Hit By a Truck

Ok, so I didn't really get "hit by a truck", but I might as well have. Every muscle in my body is currently sore.(Anthony, I need you more than ever) After canoing for about 3 1/2 hrs on Monday I went to Bloomington and played volleyball for a few hours. Yeah...I hurt. However, it was well worth it. I absolutely love canoing, and the Vermillion River proved challenging enough to be fun, but not so challenging that it was scary. Our canoe never tipped! Bonus!

I remembered I still love Trivial Pursuit. Saturday night Dona, Ashley, Brooke, Kirk, and I played it till the "wee hours" of the morning.(I just wanted to say "wee hours".)

It's only Tuesday, but I'm really looking forward to next weekend. It seems like forever since I've been in Taylor. Plus I really miss Joe.

Here's my thought for the day. How many people, on Memorial Day, actually made an effort to remember? I know I struggled with it. We've set aside that day to remember those soldiers who died to help set us/keep us free. However, the one who died to set us truly free was no "soldier" in the secular sense. Let's strive to make EVERY day a "Memorial Day" to the ONE who died to give us ALL the opportunity to be free!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I went to my parents' house for the weekend, and the whole trip home (my cell phone was out of battery), I was wondering the exact same thing about Memorial Day. It's actually more like "Summer Openning Day." Which is pretty sad. We set aside time to remember Jesus's death, and we sit around eating chocolate bunnies. We set aside time to remember our people who bravely fought for us, and we sit in our cars yelling at the people in front of us on the parking lot that is I-75. Sad.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Trivial Pursuit was fun! Even if I only got about 2 answers right. Thanks for everything this weekend! I had a great time! If you ever hear the scores for putt putt, let me know. ;)

Ash