Monday, May 9

Anyone Else?

Does anyone else marvel at how fast Satan can strike at our hearts and minds. How one minute you can be focused on Christ and His might and the next minute you do or say something you shouldn't have...or don't do/say something you should have. Yeah, I just had one of those times. It's frustrating, but it also makes me so incredibly thankful that Christ is interceding for me to God. If He wasn't, I wouldn't stand a chance, poor pathetic wretch that I am when compared to His Holiness. Sometimes, when I'm feeling really strong spiritually, it's almost like, in the back of my mind, I can hear satan snickering. Like he's saying, "yeah...you just wait...". Frustrating. Thank God for the grace to fight on another day. Keep fighting with me brothers and sisters, and if you haven't started your fight yet, now's a great day to start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. I've marveled at that same thing. Sometimes I think that when I'm the most focused is when I'm also the most susceptible to Satan. Because when I'm doing well, when I'm on a spiritual mountain top, I tend to forget how weak I am. And then the next thing I know I've let Satan have his way and I've disappointed God.
But God knows we aren't perfect (that's why He's still working on us)...
So we learn from our mistake and we fight harder.
And look forward to the day we won't have to fight anymore! :)
Keep running the race, brother.

Chris said...

Chris Rice sums it up perfect in his song called clumsy. It never fails to give me strength when I listen to the last part of the chorus.

but You say that You love me
and You still wanna hold me
cause You wanna be near me
cause you're makin me Holy.

David was one of the most messed up guys in the bible, but he still was called a man after Gods own heart. It is because his most defining attribute was how fast he went to his knees after he screwed up.

love ya luke