Wednesday, May 18

Business Trip

I left Monday evening around 5:00pm and headed up to Chicago. I spent the night at the Doubletree. As I was sitting in bed eating calamari and drinking a coke, I felt more than a little guilty. Who am I to indulge in such luxury? Does being blessed with the ability to be an engineer who had the opportunity to go to college make me "worth" the luxuries I have? Why do I get to sit on a king size bed with 5 pillows when there are people all over the world who have never even seen a pillow. Perspectives can become so skewed when we are not exposed to people in different circumstances than us. Let us, as Christians, never forget that we do not "deserve" the physical circumstances that most of us live in and are surrounded by. May we always be mindful that there are many who are suffering, and let that realization affect our life choices. Let us store up our treasures in heaven by living a Christ-centered life here on earth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thought. We need to spend more time praying for and reaching out to the lost, and less time worrying over and arguing about pointless topics.

Ash

megs said...

AMEN!!