Thursday, May 5

Truth

Wow people. This week has been absolutely amazing. I have had a hunger for the truths of the Word that has been overwhelming. Between friends who are challenging me on issues (in a good way), and a mentor who is full of wisdom and is on fire for Christ, I have just been lifted up in a way that I never remember being before. When I read, the words seem to leap off the page at me. If you can't tell, I'm really at a loss for words as to how to describe this.

This morning I read John 8:30-36. Vs. 31&32 read:
...for if you continue in my Word, then are you my disciples indeed. 32 And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

That set me on fire! His Word folks, that's where freedom is found. Not in your preacher, not in your church, not in your family, although those can all be wonderful blessings, it's in the WORD! The Word which we have readily available. We are so blessed.

I looked up "continue" in the Strongs and two of the definitions struck me.

1. to be held, kept, continually

2. to remain as one, not to become another or different

If we remain "as one" with the Word...if we strive to "not become different" than the Word...if we are "held, kept" by the Word we will be set free!

Are you obedient to Truth or are you obedient to emotions and to men?

Blessed are those which do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.

Do you "hunger and thirst"? If not, why not? Start today brothers and sisters. Open your Bible and read it for Truth! Not because you "should", or because you "have to", but because of the desire of the Christian to be filled with righteousness, and to have true freedom from sin!!

Another short side note. I notice since I've been blogging. That the vast majority of comments that are left on my blog are to the light-hearted posts. While I have no problem with anyone leaving light-hearted comments, I would encourage you to leave your spiritual comments too. For we are all members one another. We are all here to edify and build up each other and teach each other. May we all strive together toward that glorious goal!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Blog on brother! I love your fire and enthusiasm for Christ!

Anon said...

You singled out the exact verses/thought that stood out to me when I read that passage this week: it is by His Word we are made free.

This week has been amazing. Thanks for sharing. :)